The Little Book of Wisdom makes the perfect gift with a built in greeting card that allows you to pen your own little message inside if you wish. Your own special message along with the uplifting words of others, will bring a smile to someone’s face and create fond memories each time they open up their book.
This book is a beautiful gift for:
- showing someone you are thinking of them
- someone who is celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday, milestone, new job
- showing you care to someone special
- someone who is looking for direction in their life but doesn’t know where to turn
- someone who is going through a tough time, a relationship breakup, a divorce
- just saying ‘I’m thinking of you’
- good friends, work colleagues, your sister, brother, mother, father, your daughter, son and really anyone in your life that you want to show you care
- giving to the men in your life – husband, brother, father, boss, good friend
Features of The Little Book of Wisdom
- The front book cover folds out to a special built in greeting card that allows you to write a special message if you wish to the person you are giving it to.
- The cover of the book has a soft and special feel to the touch that is felt immediately upon holding it in your hands.
- It is filled with stunning full colour photographs of beautiful animals combined with heartfelt and inspirational quotes.
- The quotes in The Little Book of Wisdom are words that we all can relate to at times in our lives and fill us with hope, reflection and inspiration when we read them.
Introduction of book reads:
The School Of Life
Life is about growing and in order to grow we need to learn new things. Some learning creates pleasant experiences, others not so pleasant. The pleasant and the unpleasant experiences are just as valuable as each other. There may be times in your life when you don’t know what you want. Fear not, life has a way of showing you what you don’t want as well as what you do want.
An accumulation of experience, if we are able to understand and simplify the lessons, is what becomes our wisdom. We can read and listen to the wisdom of others but the lessons don’t always sink in. Sometimes the only way to learn life’s lessons is to experience them first hand and the hard way. This is called the School of Life. You can’t fail in this school, but you may have to repeat unpleasant experiences if you don’t learn the lesson the first time round. Forget about the school master giving you a wrap on the knuckles for not doing your homework. It’s your life and you are responsible for your actions and experiences. The school of life isn’t also called “the school of hard knocks” for nothing.
Though no one can fail in the school of life, we are all graded. The grade we receive is the happiness that we feel. It is easy to see those who excel. They are the ones that can smile, sometimes even in the middle of a difficult lesson.It is that knowing smile in the middle of a life lesson that says ” I’m in the middle of a valuable lesson. It feels extremely unpleasant, but I am grateful for it, for I have made the conscious choice to learn my lesson now”. The most bitter way to learn a lesson is through hindsight. However, looking back and acknowledging the lesson is better than not learning the lesson at all. But how much more powerful and less painful to see the lesson as the experience is unfolding?
One never quite graduates from the school of life, but one thing is for certain, those who have the richest and happiest lives are those that make the most mistakes yet learn from them the quickest.
Would you like to know a secret? We are all born wise. That’s right – wisdom is in our genes. It is called intuition. We need to listen more to our gut and less to the chatter in our heads. Life has many lessons in store for us, but it also has provided us with great internal wisdom, that if we listen carefully to it, it may prevent us from having to learn some lessons the hard way. Whether you have a big belly or a small one, take time to listen to it more, laugh more with it, and happiness will always follow.
To Your Wisdom
David and Heidi
DID YOU KNOW?
When you purchase this book, you plant 2 trees in Madagascar. That’s right, for every book you purchase you are helping to make a dramatic impact in the lives of the beautiful wildlife and the people that call this magical island home. Madagascar is the fourth largest island on Earth and over 80% of it’s wildlife are found nowhere else, including all of the world’s lemurs, most of which are critically endangered. Approximately 95% of Madagascar’s forests have been destroyed and many of the people that live there are very poor. Planting trees restores the environment and helps protect the wildlife, but it also gives the people an income and allows them to put food on their plates and send their children to school.
The Little Book of Wisdom is printed using Earth-friendly soy and vegetable inks on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper. This means that our books only using paper from managed forests specifically grown for paper production.