The Little Book of Love makes the perfect gift with a built in greeting card that allows you to pen your own little message inside if you wish. Your own special message along with the uplifting words of others, will bring a smile to someone’s face and create fond memories each time they open up their book.
This book is a beautiful gift for:
- someone you love – your partner, husband, wife, sister, brother, mother, father, daughter, son
- just saying ‘I’m thinking of you’ and ‘I love you’
- showing you care to someone special
- showing your appreciation to someone in your life
- good friends, work colleagues, your sister, brother, mother, father, your daughter, son and really anyone in your life that you want to show you care
- expressing to someone how much you love them
Features of The Little Book of Love
- The front book cover folds out to a special built in greeting card that allows you to write a special message if you wish to the person you are giving it to.
- The cover of the book has a soft and special feel to the touch that is felt immediately upon holding it in your hands.
- It is filled with stunning full colour photographs of beautiful animals combined with heartfelt and inspirational quotes.
- The quotes in The Little Book of Love are words that we all can relate to at times in our lives and fill us with hope and joy when we read them.
Introduction of book reads:
Love. It’s a word we need more of. Some may use it too casually in conversation and others may not use it enough to express their emotions. It’s not about how many times we use the word love. In fact, if we overuse the word, it loses it’s impact. It’s about how you ‘do’ love. You see, love is a doing word. Do love and it will grow and blossom.
There are different levels of love. Romantic love is one of them. It can often be based on us seeing our love life in terms of fairy tales, of projecting our wants and desires on others, of hormones let loose. This kind of love may quickly see you in and out of love, as you are ruled more by the fickle whims of your ego rather than deep values.
Enduring love has a very different quality. It may still have that sudden burst of passion, yet it doesn’t burn itself out. It settles down, and smoulders quietly, the embers glowing and the flames softly flickering. It is not ego based, but one based on respect. As the years pass, the glow of respect deepens. Unconditional love is a deep respect for another human being. A mother’s love doesn’t waiver, even when at times her children have been anything but loving. It knows no boundaries. Unconditional love can see incredible acts of bravery where a complete stranger may perform superhuman feats to save a life.
Love based on respect has a gentle nature. Between two lovers, it can be passionate yet tender. There is the love that bonds friends, sisters, brothers, family – a warm glow that is kept alive and survives the raging storms of our lives. Unconditional love is the flickering flame we hold inside that is never easily extinguished by the ways of the world.
Love is thoughts and acts of kindness that we afford each other. It can’t be bought. It can’t be based on ego to grow. It must be nurtured. It begins with a spark and the tinder needs to be carefully tended to create a flame. The flame needs to be thoughtfully fed. When we truly give to the fire of love without expectation it will provide us with the warmth we need.
Learn to say ‘I love you’ with great thought and sincerity and yet give it in abundance. Expect nothing in return and be open and vulnerable to its magic and warmth. Let love strengthen and sustain you.
David and Heidi
DID YOU KNOW?
When you purchase this book, you plant 2 trees in Madagascar. That’s right, for every book you purchase you are helping to make a dramatic impact in the lives of the beautiful wildlife and the people that call this magical island home. Madagascar is the fourth largest island on Earth and over 80% of it’s wildlife are found nowhere else, including all of the world’s lemurs, most of which are critically endangered. Approximately 95% of Madagascar’s forests have been destroyed and many of the people that live there are very poor. Planting trees restores the environment and helps protect the wildlife, but it also gives the people an income and allows them to put food on their plates and send their children to school.
The Little Book of Love is printed using Earth-friendly soy and vegetable inks on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper. This means that our books only using paper from managed forests specifically grown for paper production.