Do you know someone who loves dogs? This is the perfect gift for every dog lover. Set their tails a wagging with this gorgeous book full of quotes about happiness and images of delightful dogs and puppies. After all, dogs are the epitome of happiness.
This beautiful gift makes The Little Book of Happiness (dogs) a treasured keepsake for years to come.
The Little Book of Happiness (dogs) makes the perfect gift with a built in greeting card that allows you to pen your own little message inside if you wish. Your own special message along with the uplifting words of others, will bring a smile to someone’s face and create fond memories each time they open up their book.
This book is a beautiful gift for:
- someone who is a dog lover
- someone who is celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday, milestone, new job
- someone who might be sick and needs a good dose of cheering up
- someone who is going through a tough time, a relationship breakup, a divorce
- someone who has had a loved one pass away
- just saying ‘I’m thinking of you’
- showing you care to someone special
- showing your appreciation to someone in your life
- good friends, work colleagues, your sister, brother, mother, father, your daughter, son and really anyone in your life that you want to show you care
Features of The Little Book of Happiness (dogs)
- The front book cover folds out to a special built in greeting card that allows you to write a special message if you wish to the person you are giving it to.
- The cover of the book has a soft and special feel to the touch that is felt immediately upon holding it in your hands.
- It is filled with stunning full colour photographs of beautiful dogs and puppies combined with heartfelt and inspirational quotes.
- The quotes in The Little Book of Happiness (dogs) are words that we all can relate to at times in our lives and fill us with hope and joy when we read them.
Introduction of book reads:
Is happiness that elusive feeling that wanders in and out of your life? One that you can’t tempt or keep on a leash to make it stay a little longer? Is happiness really that elusive or is it closer to you than you may realise? I think happiness is our constant companion – a pair of loving eyes looking adoringly up at us. Happiness is a dog.
Dogs have been our constant companions since the time we humans first walked this earth. Dogs and humans go together like peaches and cream, or ham and eggs, yet we have been less than kind in returning the friendship to “Man’s Best Friend”. In fact, the English language is replete with not so dog-friendly phrases such as ‘dog tired’, ‘dog gone’, and we may say that we have been ‘dogged’ by problems when we are not feeling too well.
It is very unbecoming of humans to speak of our loyal companions with such language.
Dogs can teach us a thing or two about happiness if we only observe their behaviour. Our lovable canine companions have a unique built in forgiveness switch. They are able to overlook our shortcomings and forget our sometimes less than humane behaviour and love us. How excited does your pooch get when he sees you arrive home? His eyes light up, he scurries around excitedly, wagging his tail so hard you swear that it will soon fly off. He pants heartily and plants you a big slobbery kiss. Dogs are uncomplicated. Even after many years they are as excited to see you as if it were the first time.
‘Dog’ spelled backwards is ‘God’. Pause to consider that under your humble canine’s shaggy exterior with that whipper-snipper tail and panting pink tongue lies a god. He is the god of happiness. A deity to be worshipped for teaching us the meaning of happiness, just as much as our trusting companion has worshipped us regardless of our numerous faults.
I propose that we create a new phrase in the English language that celebrates the true nature of our furry friends – ‘dog happy’. This is the kind of happiness that sees us excited about every day, that sees us forgetting about the negativity of the past and being in the moment. Be uncomplicatedly ‘dog happy’. Howl with delight. Laugh till you wet yourself and forgive yourself if in the process you accidentally soil the rug. Be dog happy and know that happiness is your constant loyal companion.
To Your Dog Happiness!
David and Heidi
DID YOU KNOW?
When you purchase this book, you plant 2 trees in Madagascar. That’s right, for every book you purchase you are helping to make a dramatic impact in the lives of the beautiful wildlife and the people that call this magical island home. Madagascar is the fourth largest island on Earth and over 80% of it’s wildlife are found nowhere else, including all of the world’s lemurs, most of which are critically endangered. Approximately 95% of Madagascar’s forests have been destroyed and many of the people that live there are very poor. Planting trees restores the environment and helps protect the wildlife, but it also gives the people an income and allows them to put food on their plates and send their children to school.
The Little Book of Happiness (dogs) is printed using Earth-friendly soy and vegetable inks on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper. This means that our books only using paper from managed forests specifically grown for paper production.
|Dimensions||162 × 162 mm|
96 pages, Full Colour