The Little Book of Comfort makes the perfect gift with a built in greeting card that allows you to pen your own little message inside if you wish. Your own special message along with the uplifting words of others, will bring comfort and a smile to someone’s face at a time they need it most.
This book is a heartfelt gift for:
- someone who might be sick and needs a good dose of cheering up
- someone who is going through a tough time, a relationship breakup, a divorce
- someone who has had a loved one pass away
- just saying ‘I’m thinking of you’
- showing you care to someone special
- an overseas family member or friend that you want to show you care – small and easy to post
- good friends, work colleagues, your sister, brother, mother, father, your daughter, son and really anyone in your life that you want to show you care
Features of The Little Book of Comfort
- The front book cover folds out to a special built in greeting card that allows you to write a special message if you wish to the person you are giving it to.
- The cover of the book has a soft and special feel to the touch that is felt immediately upon holding it in your hands.
- It is filled with stunning full colour photographs of beautiful dogs and puppies combined with heartfelt and inspirational quotes.
- The quotes in The Little Book of Comfort are words that we all can relate to at times in our lives and fill us with support and comfort in these times of need.
Introduction of book reads:
There are times in our lives that in hindsight are our greatest gifts. But when we are going through the middle of a particularly hard time they may seem anything but.
We may have fallen onto hard times, it may be the loss of our job, a loved one, maybe a relationship break up, or someone close may be ill or dying. At these times we may feel depressed, lost and alone. We may experience a sense of hopelessness, grief, inertia. Thoughts churn around and around in our head. We may feel stuck and can’t move on or forward. At these moments we
sometimes think that nobody understands what we are going through, that we are totally on our own, and forget that others may have gone through similar trials and tribulations.
These are the moments when the comforting words and support of others is needed. Often the best advice others can give us at these times is to just listen to us. Silence and time can be great healers. Sometimes all we may need is to know that someone is there for us, other times all we need is a comforting word, a warm hug or empathy to know that we are not alone. In these moments this is when we sometimes want to retreat from the world and shut ourselves off from the ones we love and may be in danger of becoming isolated and alone.
The greatest comfort from life’s challenges comes when we connect with others and the most critical time to connect with others is when we are feeling upset. Friends and family have a way of uplifting us and making us feel part of the world again in those moments when we feel that life has deserted us.
There may be times when it is difficult to connect with others. They may be at work, or live in a different state or time zone. At these moments our pets can provide the comfort and attention that we need. Dogs really are our ‘best friend’ at these moments. Just like a good friend, the company of our dog can provide much needed warmth and affection. The wonderful thing about dogs is that they listen unconditionally. Dogs don’t judge us, they simply radiate love. Our dog is always there to lend a sympathetic ear and give us a wet lick. They are always there when we are seeking connection and empathy. It is the creature comforts of a warm cup of tea and a cosy blanket that can make us feel better, but it is the special connection between you and your pet that can provide the ultimate in creature comfort. So next time you feel like it is all too much, don’t forget that there is always a friend there to listen to and comfort you even if it is at 3am in the morning.
To the comfort that our creatures bring,
David and Heidi
DID YOU KNOW?
When you purchase this book, you plant 2 trees in Madagascar. That’s right, for every book you purchase you are helping to make a dramatic impact in the lives of the beautiful wildlife and the people that call this magical island home. Madagascar is the fourth largest island on Earth and over 80% of it’s wildlife are found nowhere else, including all of the world’s lemurs, most of which are critically endangered. Approximately 95% of Madagascar’s forests have been destroyed and many of the people that live there are very poor. Planting trees restores the environment and helps protect the wildlife, but it also gives the people an income and allows them to put food on their plates and send their children to school.
The Little Book of Comfort is printed using Earth-friendly soy and vegetable inks on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper. This means that our books only using paper from managed forests specifically grown for paper production.